A couple Saturdays ago I told the kids that if they hurried and got the family room cleaned, dusted and vacuumed they could get the Halloween boxes out. Growing up, we always had boxes with the makings of our old Halloween costumes in them. A while ago my mom gave me those boxes and we have added to them over the years. My brothers and I used to love getting into those boxes every year, and I think my kids feel the same way. The kids cleaned the room and I got the boxes out and let them have their fun. When I came back to check on them, this is what I found.

This is what our "clean" family room looked like after the boxes came out. I should have had them clean
after they looked in the boxes!

Gable was wearing some parts of his old pirate costume and a jailbird hat. He has been using the pirate pants as pajama bottoms or
Aniken pants ever since. He has even used them as part of a hockey uniform while playing with a little rubber ball and the yardstick. He loves those pants!

Gehrig was wearing a devil hat with a black
cloak and the feet of Emma's old lamb costume. Go figure!

And Emma was in the
process of putting on my old
unitard from junior high dance class. I waited just a bit before snapping the picture. Modesty, modesty!

Later they came up in these interesting ensembles. They all have scrubs on. Gehrig with the creepy mask and a knife, Emma with some of my old glasses and fishnets, and Gable had a whip that you can't see in this picture.

They even got Sophie in on it. This little bear looks thrilled to be included don't you think?
4 comments:
some of your old fish nets huh? i had no idea you were that kind of girl!:)
How fun is that. Kids love to play dress ups even when their older. So fun.
Kerri you are so great to let your kids just have fun being kids! What fun memories they will have. I'm so glad I kept all that old Halloween stuff!
ok I LOVE the unitard!
Post a Comment