Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Break at Arches National Park-Day One

Last year Gehrig told us that his fourth grade teacher encouraged their class to go to a national park in Utah because they were studying about our state all year. We thought that would be fun and let him pick where he wanted to go. He chose Bryce Canyon and we went over spring break and had a great time. This year Emma is in fourth grade so it was her turn to pick and she chose Arches. We went during our fall break, October 16, 17 and 18th. We had so much fun hiking and exploring and took lots of pictures. The weather was perfect!

Sophie after being such a good baby in the car. She slept all the way down and went without eating for four or five hours. Robert and I were very happy with what a good traveler she was!


Our first stop was the Visitor's Center. Gable ran straight for these bighorn sheep statues.


Sophie taking a ride.





We went to Balanced Rock next. It didn't look as big from a distance as it did when we got right up next to it.


This is the view from right underneath it.



Robert loves taking these kinds of pictures,



So everyone got a turn!






Gable hiking around with his walking stick.



Gehrig and Emma in the sunset.

After Balanced Rock we headed for Moab to check into our motel and get some dinner. The boys were excited to swim so they took a dip at 9:00 that night. The pool was a little chilly, but they enjoyed the hot tub!



5 comments:

Marissa said...

We have such a beautiful state! I want to start doing trips to the National Parks with our kids.

Karen said...

Great pictures! I love seeing all the fun you and Robert and the kids have together.

Laura said...

I love the arches. My parents took us there every spring break. It was always a lot warmer down there than it was here so we loved it. Fun memories. . . . I'm sure your kids enjoyed it.

Becky said...

What a fun trip. That is a great
4th grade challenge too. We love our national parks. It is good to see how cute you all are I love the pics.
As you mentioned there are never any pics of me on my blog, because honestly there are no pictures taken of me. I do need to hand the camera to the kids and let them snap away. They are usaully too busy having fun :)

Misti said...

I love the sunset picture of Emma and Gherig! Arches is awesome. Seeing your pictures makes me think we need to plan a trip next year too! They have so many kid friendly hikes.