Sunday, October 12, 2008

Expansion

This summer, at her well check, the doctor informed us that orthodonture was definitely going to be a part of Emma's future. We spent the early part of the fall getting a few different opinions, finally settled on a doctor and began the very expensive process of straightening her teeth. This week Emma got her expander put in. Every night we stick in the key and crank it just a little wider. She has been such a trooper. Putting up with food stuck in it and the pain of creating new jawbone. Hopefully in November she will start with her first set of braces. She will probably have them again in junior high. She has such a beautiful smile and soon, she will have the teeth to match!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Ohhhh, I had one of those on the top. It is a palate separator and it is really painful. I actually hated that more then the braces.

lydia moyer said...

sometimes beauty is painful. that's what i tell myself when i am plucking eyebrows or scrubbing of dead skin cells!

kim said...

Way to be brave Emma!! Braces are no fun, but worth the while. And I am sure you will be the cutest girl ever in braces!!!

leslie jo said...

I had one of those too! They aren't fun way to be tough EMMA!
She does have a beautiful smile good luck with the adventures ahead!

Karen said...

Emma, you are so cute and so brave to go through all of this!! We are so proud of you and we love you very much.

Laura said...

Kerri, I found your blog by you visiting mine. Sweet. I'm sorry about the expander. We were informed that our oldest daughter Baylee needed one too. You'll have to post how it goes.

Kari said...

I was told Elijah would need an expander in a few years. I can't wait. Leslie, you and I have so much in common it's scary sometimes.