Monday, August 4, 2008

So Much To Blog...

so little time! We have had some crazy days the last couple of weeks. I would have loved to blog about all the insane details but by the time each of these days was over I was just too tired and sleep won out. Here is a quick overview:

Crazy day #1 consisted of 18 kids cycling through our house at different intervals during the day, swimming lessons, activity days, music lessons, Robert cutting a huge branch out of our tree, working on our treehouse, pack meeting and almost forgetting to deliver reminders for a primary activity. The first child showed up at our house at 8am and the last children left our house at 10pm. We were running all day! I don't think Robert or I sat down for more than 5 minutes at a time that day. Well, I guess I did... thank goodness for nursing!

Crazy day #2 started at 7am with two cars out of commission. One with a popped tire and bent rim (you can ask Robert to tell you that story!) and one with a brake line that was cut. The mechanic told us it looked like someone did it on purpose. That's always nice to hear! The day ended at 10pm with Robert and Gehrig on the roof fixing the swamp cooler that was spraying water everywhere. In between that we tried to get pictures of Sophie in her blessing dress but got a photographer who wasn't "connecting", then had to rush Robert off to the temple with the youth. We made arrangements for a rental car and Robert worked at DA.

Day #1 was a good crazy. I would much rather have an abundance of people around than no one. And day #2 just left me saying, "What the heck?" Yes, I did just say heck! I am from Utah after all! In the end, all we could do was laugh.

The other thing I missed was a minor pity party that I had while Robert was gone camping with the scouts. ALL the other women I know were off going to dinner and a movie with friends or attending midnight parties to get the new Stephanie Meyer book.... poor me.... I hate being left at home on Friday nights.... I guess some things are better left unblogged!:)

3 comments:

Kari said...

I hate those days! That was my whole July! I won't bore you with the details, but I am very good at pity parties!

kim said...

I had pity parties every month when my friends would do a girl's night out right after Kevin started working in Hillsboro. After a year and a half of missing them, I no longer give myself that luxury. Although, I can legally go now that Anna is 11. I am so sorry about the cars. I hate cars and putting money into them. I think I hate more not having the money that has to go into them. I hope things calm down a bit and you can find a bit of time to relax!!!

Marissa said...

Life gets so crazy sometimes and we all have the right to a pity party and blogging about it. :)