Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Is In!

Yesterday was the first day of school and I must say, I was a little giddy there for a while! Right after Gehrig and Emma left, Sophie fell asleep and stayed that way for 3 hours and Gable took off to play with friends. I was alone and it was quiet and nice. I think I got more done around the house in 1 hour alone than I did all summer!
Gable and I also got busy and made these after school snacks. It is nice to have "our" time again. It has just been him and I at home all day for the last three years. We are going to have to teach Sophie the ropes now, "This is the library.... and we go to lunch with grandma at least once a month.... the suckers at the bank are really good.... " Tomorrow we will teach her all about visiting teaching!
The first day of school has always been one of my favorite days, even as a kid. I loved getting new clothes, paper,books, homework... The elementary school years are so fun! My favorite season is fall so I am excited for what is coming! Happy school year to everyone!

6 comments:

lydia moyer said...

i am so excited too!and i love your treats. so cute!

kim said...

I wish I could make your treats!! Those are so cute! I am going to have to come up with something wheat free for Noah. It really puts a kink in things!! I can hardly wait for school! Although the closer we get, the more nervous Anna gets.

Marissa said...

You are such a great Mom! There is a little Martha Stewart in there. :)
And I know what you mean about how much you can get done when you are alone. It is amazing.

leslie jo said...

Kerri it's Sis Innes I found your blog from Marisas I hope you don't mind. You are a great mom and those cupcakes are soo cute. Your blog is cute!

Karen said...

Gehrig and Emma hope you have a "GREAT" year at school. I just can't believe how fast you are growing up! Emma you look so cute and Gehrig and Gable so handsome in your school clothes. Seems like just yesterday I was sending Kerri, Jeremy and Brent off to their first day of school!! What a fun Mom and brother to make those great after school treats!!

mom and dad Wells said...

I've always thought you were a special one Kerri. You are a great mom, wife and person. You married a pretty great guy too. We love you guys.