Since we are on the topic of my high school hairdo, I thought I would go ahead and do this tag. My sister-in-law, Alisha, tagged me. It is my first one ever. I think I will be better at this than the real game of tag. I hated it growing up! If ever I was IT I stayed that way for a very long time. I could never catch anyone!
1. Did you date someone from your high school: Yes, a few.
2. What kind of car did you drive? A 1981 Chevette. I used to call it the piece of sh!#%vette.
3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?: One day my friend Michelle and I were driving out of the school parking lot and heard a loud screeching sound. We were really getting bugged by it and looking around to see where it was coming from. We finally realized that it was us. We hadn't released the emergency brake. After that, we were laughing uncontrollably. It must have been Michelle's car. I don't use emergency brakes. I am sure there is worse, but I have blocked them out.
4. Were you a party animal?: No, but I listened to all the gossip about the people who were.
5. Were you considered a flirt?: I probably was a little. Okay, maybe more than a little!
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?: I was in choir. I loved singing but never felt very confident at it. I wish I would have tried harder and done more in that area.
7. Were you a nerd? I think I was half and half. I was into looking cool and being "in style", but I loved my more "nerdy" friends in my humanities and current events classes. They had so much more interesting things to say and talk about!
8. Were you on any varsity teams?: I was a varsity cheerleader. Some would argue that is not a sport. But I honestly loved it. And I have never been more in shape than I was then.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?: Nope. I was a pretty good girl. If I ever skipped school, I could usually get my mom to excuse me or forge her signature! :)
10. Can you still sing the fight song?: It went, Victory's our
something ....hm.......hm.....spirit. Don't let that spirit ever die, fight with all your might! We'll have a victory for our black and gold, we'll win today, shouting our name forever! Royals are famed! We'll proudly shout our name forever more! And then we spelled Royals with four claps between each letter and then, yelled LHS ROYALS! More than you wanted to know I'm sure!
11. Who were your favorite teachers?:I loved Mrs. Thoelke. She was my humanities and current events teacher. She really made me think and encouraged me. I loved getting papers back from her so I could read her comments. I also really liked Mrs. Nixon. She was the drill sargent of math teachers. But I liked that she made us work at it until we got it right.
12. Where did you sit during lunch?: I usually ate in the cafeteria. Pop-tarts and Coke. Sometimes chicken sandwiches or hot dogs with dough baked around them from the lunch line. I only ate the dough though, not the hot dogs.
13. School Mascot?: Well, that is kind of a lame and long story. We were called the Royals, but our mascot was actually a Chimera (sp?) which is a mythical creature with the head of a lion, a snake tail, eagle talon claws, etc. Kind of sounds like Napoleon Dynamite, huh? Our colors were black and gold and we mostly just had a regular lion for the mascot.
14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?: Homecoming was pretty casual in Washington. We all just went to the game and then went to a dance right after. I remember having a date and getting pictures once for Homecoming. His name was Mike Conwell.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you?: Yes! And I would appreciate all those fun and care free days! And all the extra money I had to feed my shoe and sweater fetish!
16. What do you remember most about graduation?: I remember all my friends talking about how sad it was going to be to graduate and thinking they were crazy. I was excited to move on. But as we were sitting there listening to all the speeches and getting ready to walk and receive our diplomas, I was the one crying like a baby!
17. Where did you go senior skip day?: I don't think we had senior skip day.
18. Have you gained weight since then?: YES! I am glad this question doesn't end with....if so, how much!!!! :)
19. Who was your prom date?: I went with a guy named Mark Knight. I asked him because I was afraid no one would ask me. I spent most of the night ignoring him and hanging out with my girlfriends instead. That must mean they were ignoring their dates too!
20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: Heck, I am only 3 years away from my 20 year reunion! I really want to go.
21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: Take yourself more seriously, have more confidence in yourself, plan better for college. HAVE LOTS OF FUN, CHERISH THESE YEARS, NEVER CALL YOURSELF FAT, NEVER SAY YOU ARE TIRED!!!!!! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS YET!
And anyone else who wants to revisit your high school days, I would love to hear about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment