My computer has been AWOL for almost a week now. It has been sad and I have gone through withdrawls. I feel a little silly for loving my computer so much. But one gets used to Google and having answers to all of their questions right at their fingertips! Robert is my enabler. He has been kind enough to bring his laptop home in the evenings so I can get my "fix" each night. Anyway, here is what you have been missing:
1) The Father/Son/Uncles Road Trip
1) The Father/Son/Uncles Road Trip
Here is the father and the son.
Here are the uncles + Jason Moyer, a really good friend who let everyone crash at his house!
And here are the highlights.....they ate at Dick's noon,
Baseball was definately involved.
(no explaination necessary)
Robert contemplating the beauty of the "game within the game".
Ahhh, the field!
While they were gone, they kept in close contact via cell phone. I got to hear the elation in Gehrig's voice after the Mariner's beat the Yankee's! It was awesome to know that he was experiencing one of Robert's biggest passions growing up. In all, the trip was a great success! I am glad they were able to do that together. Now Robert has two other kids waiting in line for a road trip with dad!
2) Gehrig's Science Fair Project
3) Me setting the perfect example of how NOT to celebrate your husband's 36th birthday.
I don't have any pictures of my total lameness, but let me elaborate. First, I wanted to have a picture taken of all the kids and frame it so he could put it on his desk at school, but I did not get my act together in time, so we made a "coupon/IOU" instead. Then, I remembered his birthday was coming and thought about it all week, but somehow managed to forget about it until 9pm Saturday night (his birthday was on Sunday). So I had to run to Target to get something for the kids to wrap and ingredients for his favorite cake before it closed at 10pm. At this point I may have still been able to pull off a fairly decent birthday celebration had I not baked the cake Sunday morning and then set it, in my Pampered Chef stoneware, on top of a burner on our flat top stove that was still on low. All of a sudden, as we were eating our oatmeal, we heard a loud pop and looked to find my stone had cracked and the cake had burned! Needless, to say, we called the birthday celebrating off for the day and made it up to him on Monday with dinner at Outback, presents and a second, much more appetizing birthday cake!
4) Me becoming disgruntled and threatening to leave my post as a mother.
Another moment that was thankfully not photographed! Let's just say, at the end of the day, there were lots of people that had to say "I'm sorry", myself included.
5) 80's Hair Night
Emma and I were messing around with the curling iron trying to decide how to do her hair for school pictures. I started telling her about how I used to do my hair back in the day and then all of a sudden words were just not good enough, I felt I had to show her.
I have to say, I am not as good at it now as I was back then! I am going to keep practicing. Halloween is coming you know!
9 comments:
I was going to comment about all of your happenings but after those last two pictures I just can't remember anything else.
You have mad wing and bang skills! And in no way could you have been laughed at when every one else was doing it too.
AWESOME!!! I think you look just as good now as you did then... I am so glad you posted it, it is priceless. I love the story of Roberts birthday, its funny how I think "that would only happen to Kerri" lol, I think you somehow got the bad luck in the family on things like that! Thanks for the laughs.
That is THE COOLEST thing I have seen all day...ok all year! I am still totally jealous of your sweet 80s hair...then and now! What happened to those Aqua Net days? Seriously?
I wish I could have seen you laughing so hard! That is the best! Thanks for posting!!
you lynnwood girls and your hair!!!the rest of us could only dream of having lynnwood hair!!!
speaking of the road trip, Neal found Gehrig's shoe and library book in our car yesterday. I will try to remember to drop it off when I pass your houseon my way to work, in the next week.
cool pictures, jason is like brother so he's a uncle material! We had a lot of fun and Gehrig was a bunch of fun.
-Neal-
WOW does that bring back memories of you late for school because of doing your hair AND not wanting to ride the bus to school!!Yes I agree that you look just as good now...I forgot how much hair you had back then! What a fun thing to do with Emma. You are a "wonderful" mom. It is so good to see Gehrig and Robert doing those fun things together too...what "great" memories!!
Hey, I have a hair crimper if you want to borrow it! My hair never did that kind of stuff. So sad. You look fabulous.
I think you were just done with that hairstyle when I met you. I still think you looked pretty cute. Comin from someone who enjoyed the '80s and the big hair.
Post a Comment