Monday, September 29, 2008

Contentment

I realized that Gehrig is getting big enough now that he has a couple jackets that fit me. That means he can share with me when I get cold!

Emma went into the kitchen and took care of the last minute details of dinner quite proficiently and cheerfully while I fed Sophie.

I sat by Gable as he played games on the computer. He is so good with the mouse on our laptop! And so smart. He can play most of them all by himself. I was amazed.

I danced in the kitchen with Sophie. Hopefully the first of many. She laughed her beautiful laugh!

All of these moments were quite simultaneous and filled my heart with joy! These are the fruits of my labor!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

What a great experience! I love those kind of moments.

Karen said...

Kerri you are the wonderful "beautiful" fruit of my labor...the hope and prayer of a mother is that their children will be better than we are. You are a "wonderful" mother and it is so great that you are writing these momemts down and will mean so much to your children. You are an inspiration to us all!

Laura said...

Wow, your kids are growing up. . . . I'm sure it's nice having the help.