Thursday, July 24, 2008

Swimming, Swimming & More Swimming


We haven't gone swimming all summer and suddenly these past two weeks that is all we are doing anymore. Last week the kids started swimming lessons. That has been great fun for them. Gehrig started in Level 4 but was moved to Level 5. He did great learning the basics of swimming laps. He even got to dive off the platform thingy that swimmers dive off of. (Someone help me! What are they called?) Emma started in Level 2 and was moved to Level 3. I really underestimated my kid's swimming abilities! She had to float on her back and swim 45'. And Gable did Preschool Level 2 and loved every minute! They all got to go off the diving board quite a bit. That was their favorite part. And they all have their own style. Emma walks out to the end and then timidly jumps off and Gehrig and Gable run out and do a flip into the water. Everytime I watch Gable do it I hold my breath. That kid scares me to death most of the time!

In addition to swimming lessons, we set up a pool in our backyard. We got it from ShopKo for about $45.00 and it has been the best buy. One day my kids spent 5 hours in the pool with their friends. It has been the best bordem buster. I highly reccommend it!

The ultimate swim day was last Friday. We went to swimming lessons in the morning, came home and swam in the backyard and then went to Aggie Swim Night in the evening. Every year Utah State University has a big swim party for all the alumni in Utah County. They bring Aggie icecream for everyone. We make sure to go every year just for the icecream. The swimming is a side benefit! By the way, Sophie and I have just been watching all the fun. We even got to take a nap in the shade at Aggie Swim Night! After the icecream of course!
Sorry, these pictures aren't in quite the right order, but it is late and I give up trying to figure it out.

Aggie icecream! Yummy!



Sophie at Aggie Swim Night.

Gable and Brooklyn


Gehrig and Gable


Emma and friends in the pool.


On the way to Aggie Swim Night. I love Gable's ears in this picture!


Robert and the kids in the pool. Robert has great shoulders don't you think?

3 comments:

kim said...

Our kids would live in the pool. Wouldn't it be nice?

Sophie looks just as I remember Emma to look like. She must love that! And, Robert, your shoulders are FABULOUS!!!

lydia moyer said...

our pool is even smaller thatn yours and our kids spend hours in it too. the best 30 bucks i've spent all summer!

Marissa said...

Oh, that is what Brooklyn was doing all day over there! :)