Monday, April 20, 2009

Winter

This is what winter looked like in our neck of the woods. It was a good satisfying kind of winter. Lots of snow. Plenty of cold temperatures. Many opportunities to wear sweaters and boots and sleep in flannel sheets. I love these kinds of winters! It makes me feel that I am getting all I can get out of it. Our street was packed with snow for quite a while. That was a little annoying and bumpy. ( I blame that on the city and a poor economy.) And then there was the morning I got stuck in the snow while carpooling and had to get pushed out causing a grown man to slip and hit his head on my back bumper. I felt kinda bad about that ...but otherwise, the winter of 2008/2009 was good to us.


The snow didn't melt away after each storm. It piled up so high it reached the level of our front porch which is about 16 inches off the ground.


The kids had many opportunities to bundle up and go sledding or play in the snow.





And winter just wouldn't be complete without Gable eating snow every chance he gets. New or old, pure white or speckled with dirt, he eats it. It drives Robert crazy!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Too bad the snow didn't just visit during the typical winter months. It decided to visit us over spring break in April. That's when I say, "I'm done".

Misti said...

It WAS a good snow year! I am ready for spring though!!!