Right before we left for Pocatello I got to have lunch with some amazing ladies! I served with them in the Relief Society for almost three years. Here we are when we were first called in July 2005. Left to right: Laura (who moved), Erna, me, Kaye, LeeAnn and Arlene. Jean was also at lunch but isn't in this picture.A couple of these ladies graduated high school in 1959 (I won't tell who!), a couple of them graduated in the late 60's/early 70's, their families are all raised. I am by far the youngest with all my kids at home and having graduated in 1991. Each of these women have dealt with hardship and disappointment in their lives. Many times we have cried together. But they are examples to me of strength and faith. They give of themselves in service and try to make the lives of others around them better. They also make the best of their situations and find humor and reasons to smile each day. I have been witness to many of their quiet acts of service and have learned so much from their life experiences. I feel truly blessed to call them my friends! They are so fun and such great examples to me. I know Heavenly Father placed me in their midst so I could be uplifted and influenced by them at this time in my life.
LeeAnn was missing everyone so she invited us all over for a luncheon. It was so fun to go to her beautiful home and sit at her specially decorated table with a small gift for each of us at our place. We had great food and great conversation. Thank you all for a wonderful afternoon! :)
2 comments:
Ahh that was sweet of LeAnn. She is a real entertainer. I love your new blog background it's soo cute!
They are all amazing women, including you! I am also very glad to know and associate with you all.
Post a Comment