We have a wonderful old mulberry tree in our backyard. I love it because it keeps at least half of our yard shady at all times during the summer. In the fall, it waits until the first big freeze before it starts dropping its leaves. That usually happens in November sometime. In years past Robert has been busy coaching so it fell to me to rake them all up. This year Robert was home to do it. He and the kids spent the first day of Thanksgiving break raking and cleaning up the yard. I loved watching them enjoy themselves as they worked together. I was busy working in the house so I didn't go out. But next year I'll make sure to join them. After years of complaining about having to do it by myself, I realize I really like it! Raking leaves makes me sore and tired but I always end up reflecting on what a blessing it is to have the health and strength it takes to get the job done!
1 comment:
You guys are so fun...you are making such wonderful memories. The kids are so cute and fun!
Post a Comment