Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fun In The Snow

We had lots of great snow in January.  It was the kind of month that makes you feel like you had a real  live winter.  The kids had lots of opportunity to get outside and have fun.  

Snow hills in the Backyard

We had some man made snow hills right in our backyard.  They were piled up from the snow plows in the parking lot of the Seminary building.  The boys went out and spent a good chunk of the afternoon climbing around on them and Gable especially enjoyed sliding down too.  




I love it when these two brothers spend time playing together!



Icicle Exploration

Emma and Gable got their got red cheeks and noses by going on an icicle hunt one day.


Emma is very serious about her icicles!


I love this little face!  Who could ever resist those eyes?


Sledding On Human Rights Day

Everyone had the day off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so we took the kids sledding.  


The snow was perfect and glittery.


It made for some beautiful snow scenes!




Gehrig took on this hill and lived to tell about it, but just barely!  There was a big chunk of cement about halfway down that we couldn't see. 


Here he is at the bottom.  I think he and I were both glad that he made it!


Gable and Emma getting push starts from Dad.





Being pregnant and not having great snow clothes, I opted to watch from the car and dole out hot chocolate.  A great time was had by all!  

No comments: