
Okay, I know it is ridiculous to be talking about Christmas on my blog when March is getting ready to blow in like a lion! It is probably the blogging equivalent of having your Christmas tree up on Valentine's Day. But I can't leave off talking about Christmas without mentioning how much Gable loves the movie Home Alone.
He discovered it last year and nearly watched it every day during the Christmas season of 2007. This year he started asking me to unpack it from the Christmas boxes as soon as Halloween was over. He started out watching quite a bit but ended up getting distracted by other things as the season wore on. I had fun watching it with him a few times though. He was always looking for someone to watch it with him, because although he loves the movie, the robbers scare him a little bit! Last year, he picked up the phrase horse's 's' from the movie. He walked around saying it quite a bit and I was just thankful that he wasn't saying horse's ass which is what they really say in the movie! :)
This year he picked up, "You're what the French call Les incompetent!" He also got pretty good at yelling "KEVIN!" like they do in the movie and he perfected the scene where Kevin puts on his dad's after shave and yells because it is stinging him. I wish we had gotten it on the video camera. Maybe we still will. One day when I was watching with him he made me laugh. It was during a scene where Kevin is going through his brother Buzz's room. He finds a picture of an ugly girl and he says, "Buzz, your girlfriend....woof!" At that Gable laughed and said, "That's funny! His girlfriend's name is Woof!" The other thing that made me laugh is when Kevin visits the grocery store and is able to buy a half gallon of milk, 4 rolls of Charmin toilet paper, Tide laundry detergent, Stauffer's macaroni and cheese, a Kraft frozen dinner, Tropicana orange juice, toy army guys, Wonder bread, a dozen eggs and Snuggle fabric softener sheets all for the whopping total of $19.83! It made me think, "Those were the good ol' days!" You could never pay that price for those things in today's economic climate!
Anyway, Gable is our little Kevin. He is just as cute, innocent, mischievous and even picked on as Kevin from the movie. We really think he can identify with him being the misunderstood little brother and all. And he was so excited and a true "believer" this Christmas season. Home Alone is definately part of our family's Christmas experience and it is fun to watch Gable enjoy it so much!
Watch out everyone, the next post you see will be of New Year's Eve of all things! ;)
2 comments:
Gable I'm right with you....I love the movie Home Alone, I will definately have to watch it with you next year because you really love it too! I didn't even get to watch it this year.
Love You, Grandma
I know what you mean when your child becomes fixated on one movie. Last year we watched Polar Express every day in December. This year we only watched it twice so it's not as bad as Gables love of Home Alone. That is so cute though. At least you can pack it away until next year.
Post a Comment